If you have ever experienced a blocked drain, toilet, shower, kitchen sink, or stormwater system in your home, you know how frustrating and inconvenient it can be. Not only does it disrupt your daily routine, but it can also cause unpleasant odours, health hazards, and property damage. That’s why it’s important to call a licensed plumber as soon as you notice any signs of a blockage, such as slow-draining water, gurgling noises, or a smelly drain.
A licensed plumber is a professional who has undergone extensive training and certification to perform plumbing work safely and effectively. They have the skills, knowledge, and equipment to diagnose and clear any type of blockage, whether it’s caused by grease, food scraps, hair, tree roots, or faulty pipes. They can also advise you on preventing future blockages and maintaining your drainage system in good condition.
8 Common Causes of Blocked Drains
Due to the following reasons, you face the problem of blocked drains:
- Accumulation of Hair: Hair strands can easily get tangled and accumulate in drains, leading to blockages over time.
- Grease and Fat Buildup: Grease and fat from cooking can solidify in drains, gradually narrowing the pipe and causing blockages.
- Food Waste: Food particles, especially those that are not suitable for disposal in drains, can accumulate and form blockages. Examples include coffee grounds, vegetable peelings, and rice.
- Soap Scum: Soap residue can combine with other debris and form a sticky substance that clings to the drain pipes, impeding the flow of water.
- Tree Roots: In outdoor drains or sewer lines, tree roots can infiltrate the pipes and grow inside, causing obstructions and blockages.
- Foreign Objects: Items such as sanitary products, baby wipes, cotton balls, and paper towels that are improperly disposed of in drains can lead to blockages.
- Mineral Buildup: Hard water contains minerals that can accumulate over time, forming limescale deposits in pipes and reducing the flow of water.
- Structural Issues: Cracks, misaligned pipes, or collapsed sections of the drainage system can obstruct the flow of water and lead to blockages.
Why Should You Choose a Licensed Plumber?
Here are some of the reasons why should you choose a licensed plumber over a DIY solution or an unlicensed handyman
1. Quality Work & Customer Satisfaction
A licensed plumber can guarantee quality workmanship and customer satisfaction. They follow the Australian Plumbing Code (PCA), which sets the country’s standards and regulations for plumbing and drainage work. They also have insurance and warranty coverage in case something goes wrong during or after the service.
2. Saves Your Time & Money
A licensed plumber can save you time and money in the long run. They can clear your blockage quickly and efficiently using specialized tools such as CCTV drain cameras and high-pressure water jetting equipment. They can also detect and fix any underlying issues that may cause recurring blockages or more serious problems down the track.
3. Protect Your Health and Safety
A licensed plumber can protect your health and safety. Blocked drains can harbour harmful bacteria and viruses that can cause infections and diseases. They can also create pressure build-up, leading to leaks, bursts, or floods. A licensed plumber can ensure your drainage system is clean and functional, preventing health risks or property damage.
Who To Call When You Need a Licenced Plumber?
If you are looking for a reliable and affordable licensed plumber in Australia, look no further than Get Unblocked.
We are a family-owned and operated business that offers a range of plumbing services, including blocked drain clearing, pipe relining, leak detection, toilet repair, hot water system installation, and more. We service all areas of Sydney and Wollongong.
We are fully licensed and insured plumbers who take pride in our work and customer service. We offer upfront pricing with no hidden fees or surprises. We also offer interest-free payment options and a lifetime labour warranty for your peace of mind. We are available 24/7 for any plumbing emergency or enquiry.