Mount Druitt is a suburb of Sydney, in the state of New South Wales, Australia. It is located 43 kilometres west of the Sydney central business district, in the local government area of the City of Blacktown, and is part of the Greater Western Sydney region. It has a population of 16,714 people as of 2016, and covers an area of 6.2 square kilometres.
Mount Druitt has a rich history and was named after Major George Druitt, who was granted 2,000 acres of land in the area by Governor Macquarie in 1821. The suburb has a diverse and multicultural community, with many residents having ancestry from Europe, Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands. Mount Druitt is also home to a large Indigenous Australian population, and was the first metropolitan area courthouse to use “circle sentencing”, a restorative justice process that involves elders and community members.
Mount Druitt offers many local attractions, schools and parks for its residents and visitors. Some of the popular places to visit include:
– The Manse: A Georgian cottage built in the mid-1880s by John Harris, and later used as a Presbyterian church manse. It is now owned by Blacktown City Council and restored as a heritage site.
– Mount Druitt Hospital: A 200-bed hospital that was opened in 1982 by Queen Elizabeth II. It provides a range of health services, including emergency, maternity, surgery, mental health and palliative care.
– Westfield Mount Druitt: A large shopping centre that was opened in 1975 and has over 200 stores, including major retailers, supermarkets, cinemas, restaurants and cafes. It also hosts various events and activities throughout the year.
– Mount Druitt Swimming Centre: A public aquatic facility that features an Olympic-sized pool, a children’s pool, a water slide, a spa and a sauna. It also offers swimming lessons, aqua aerobics and birthday parties.
– Nurragingy Reserve: A 63-hectare park that has picnic areas, playgrounds, walking trails, bike paths, a water splash park, a Chinese garden and a native animal enclosure. It also hosts the annual Blacktown City Festival and other cultural events.
Mount Druitt has several public and private schools that cater to different levels and needs of education. Some of the schools in the suburb are:
– Mount Druitt Public School: A co-educational primary school that was established in 1861 and has around 400 students from diverse backgrounds. It offers various programs, such as reading recovery, gifted and talented, music and dance.
– Chifley College Mount Druitt Campus: A co-educational secondary school that was formed in 2002 and has around 600 students from years 7 to 10. It offers various subjects, such as English, mathematics, science, history, geography, languages, technology and arts. It also has a special education unit for students with disabilities.
– Loyola Senior High School: A Catholic co-educational secondary school that was established in 2002 and has around 500 students from years 11 to 12. It offers various courses, such as business studies, hospitality, construction, information technology and creative arts. It also has a strong focus on social justice and community service.
Mount Druitt is surrounded by other suburbs that have their own characteristics and amenities. Some of the surrounding suburbs are:
– Minchinbury: A residential suburb that was named after Captain William Minchin, who owned land in the area in the early 1800s. It has a population of 5,902 people as of 2016, and covers an area of 3 square kilometres. It has a shopping village, a sports club, a golf course and several parks.
– Rooty Hill: A residential suburb that was named after an outcrop of roots on a hill in the area by Governor Macquarie in 1819. It has a population of 8,120 people as of 2016, and covers an area of 4 square kilometres. It has a railway station, a shopping centre, a RSL club, a leisure centre and several schools.
– Colyton: A residential suburb that was named after Colyton in Devonshire , England by John McHenry , who owned land in the area in the mid-1800s . It has a population of 8 , 146 people as of 2016 , and covers an area of 4.3 square kilometres . It has a shopping centre , a community centre , a library and several parks .
If you have an emergency Blocked Drain plumbing problem in Mount Druitt that needs Emergency attention, you can count on us to provide you with a reliable and efficient service. Get Unblocked is a Company of licensed and experienced plumbers who use the latest of technologies to solve your plumbing problems.
We specialise in services such as Blocked Sewer drains, Blocked storm water drains, CCTV Camera drain inspection, Blockage Location inspections. We can handle any Blocked Drain plumbing issue. We are available 24/7 to serve you in Revesby, Sydney and the surrounding areas. Contact us today for a $0 call out fee and let us take care of your Clogged Drain plumbing needs.
A blocked sewer drain is a serious problem that requires emergency plumbing. It occurs when something obstructs the flow of wastewater in the sewer pipes in the Shower, Toilet, Basins, Kitchen sink, Floor waste, External sewer drains, causing it to back up and overflow.
Blocked sewer drains can be caused by various factors, such as tree roots, grease, sanitary products, or broken pipes. If left untreated, a blocked sewer drain can result in health hazards, property damage, and environmental pollution.
A blocked stormwater drain is a serious problem that requires emergency plumbing. Stormwater drains are designed to collect and divert rainwater from roofs, gutters and down pipes, driveways and other surfaces. When these drains get clogged with leaves, dirt, debris, or roots, they can cause flooding, damage, and health hazards.
Blocked stormwater drains can also affect the pipes, strip drains, storm water pits, and other components of the drainage system. Therefore, it is important to clear any blockages as soon as possible and prevent them from recurring.
A CCTV camera drain inspection is a method of inspecting drainage systems using a camera mounted on a flexible cable. This technique can help detect and diagnose various problems such as blocked, clogged, or damaged pipes, as well as identify the best solutions for emergency plumbing.
A CCTV camera drain inspection can also be useful for inspections before renovations, as it can reveal the condition and layout of the existing pipes and avoid any surprises or complications during the renovation process. A CCTV camera drain inspection can help detect major blockages that may pose a risk of flooding, sewage backup, or structural damage to the property.
A blockage location inspection is a service that emergency plumbing professionals offer to locate and diagnose the cause of a blocked or clogged drain.
Using specialized equipment, such as cameras and sensors, they can detect the exact location and nature of the blockage, whether it is due to tree roots, foreign objects, misalignment, breakages, pipe collapse, or soil settlement. This helps them to determine the best course of action to clear the blockage and restore the normal flow of water.
Get Unblocked are your local blocked drain emergency plumbers near me and the best choice for reliable plumbing services.
Our Local plumbers can handle any plumbing emergency, from clogged sewer pipes to blocked stormwater drains, Don’t let plumbing problems ruin your day, trust our local Get Unblocked Plumbers to fix them fast.
At Get Unblocked, we pride ourselves on having the best plumbers in the business. They are all fully licensed and insured, and they undergo regular training to stay on top of the latest industry trends and technologies. That means you get the best plumbing solution for your needs, every time!
Our Get Unblocked Plumbers are also punctual, courteous, tidy and trustworthy. They respect your time and your property, and they always deliver quality service with a smile. We are committed to providing you with a personalised and customer-focused experience.
A blocked drain or sewer can be caused by various factors, such as Tree roots: Tree roots, Grease and fat, Foreign objects such as wipes, sanitary products, etc.. and Structural damage such as cracks, breaks, drain pipe collapses.
A clogged drain can cause a lot of problems in your home, such as water damage, foul odors, and health risks. Some of the signs that you have a clogged drain are Slow drainage, Gurgling noises, Bad smells and sewer or stormwater Overflowing.
We charge a set half hourly rate for most types of blocked drains whether it be a sewer pipe, blocked toilet, blocked shower, blocked kitchen sink, blocked main sewer and blocked stormwater line, grates & pit, you name it. This also includes the use of our state of the are CCTV drain camera and locator with in our rate
Our service comes with an Unblocked Guarantee. If we can’t unblock it, You don’t pay! This does not included collapsed or broken pipework or any non standard pipework which may obstruct the jetter from doing its job.
Of course we are!! Anyone clearing drains at your property will be a fully insured and licenced blocked drain plumber. We are the first choice plumber for blocked drains
Blocked Drain Plumber Near Me Mount Druitt, We service the Sydney and Wollongong areas